1. Love is a give and take process; it doesn't work if just one individual works for the relationship's sake. Though it’s normal that one's love for the other is 'bigger' and more expressed compared to the other. Remember, love is not only making someone better but it’s a chance to get to know and improve you more.
2. When engaged in a relationship, it’s a commitment - it depends if you're serious to the point of counting your kids and naming them ahead of time. But a relationship is an intimate, strong bond between two individuals. Sacrifices must be made for the better. That’s why relationships are hard to maintain, commitment is sometimes decreasing by the weeks or months or years, you get the picture...
3. Don’t think about the future too much, today is what's important - I learned this from a girlfriend who's so conscious about her relationship w/her bf that she's thinking ahead of time. her consciousness almost caused a break-up cuz her bf felt choked and suffocated. relationships is about making use of your time w/your love one, sharing the good times and bad, overseeing the future is healthy but predicting and making speculations is not.
4. Don’t expect to change the person - my values teacher once said to us that you cannot change a person from who she/he is once involved in a relationship, you just have to accept the fact that its part of her/his identity. You can encourage him to turn bad habits into good but never change; it is up to the person to decide. as the old cliché goes: no one is entirely perfect.
5. don't give it your all at the same time - just one month in the relationship your bf already knows your family, health, friendship, education, etc. history! Slow down! It’s really ok to share your life w/someone but don't ever give out everything, leave some hints and keep him/her guessing. That’s one of the fun things about having a relationship: the challenge of getting to know the person. some relationships don't really last bec. some feel pressured or suffocated by the other's affection or demands.
This is beautiful, try not to cry....
If you’re going to read this, get some
She jumped up as soon as she saw
come out of the operating room. She
said: "How is
my little boy? Is he going to be all
right? When can
I see him?"
The surgeon said, "I'm sorry. We did
all we could,
but your boy didn't make it."
Sally said, "Why do little children
Doesn't God care any more? Where were
God, when my son needed you?"
The surgeon asked, "Would you like
alone with your son? One of the nurses
will be out
in a few minutes, before he's
transported to the
Sally asked the nurse to stay with her
said good-bye to son. She ran her
through his thick red curly hair.
"Would you like a lock of his hair?"
Sally nodded yes. The nurse cut a lock
boy's hair, put it in a plastic bag
and handed it to
Sally. The mother said, "It was
Jimmy's idea to
donate his body to the University for
said it might help somebody else. "I
said no at
first, but Jimmy said, 'Mom, I won't
be using it after
I die. Maybe it will help some other
little boy spend
one more day with his Mom." She went
Jimmy had a heart of gold. Always
someone else. Always wanting to help
others if he
Sally walked out of Children's
the last time, after spending most of
the last six
months there. She put the bag with
belongings on the seat beside her in
the car. The
drive home was difficult. It was even
the empty house. She carried Jimmy's
and the plastic bag with the lock of
his hair to her
son's room. She started placing the
and other personal things back in his
where he had always kept them. She
across his bed and, hugging his
herself to sleep.
It was around when Sally
beside her on the bed was a folded
"Dear Mom, I know you're going to miss
don't think that I will ever forget
you, or stop
loving you, just 'cause I'm not around
to say I LOVE
YOU. I will always love you, Mom, even
each day. Someday we will see each
Until then, if you want to adopt a
little boy so you
won't be so lonely, that's okay with
me. He can
have my room and old stuff to play
with. But, if you
decide to get a girl instead, she
like the same things us boys do.
You'll have to buy
her dolls and stuff girls like, you
know. Don't be
sad thinking about me. This really is
a neat place.
Grandma and Grandpa met me as soon as
here and showed me around some, but it
a long time to see everything. The
angels are so
cool. I love to watch them fly. And,
what? Jesus doesn't look like any of
Yet, when I saw Him, I knew it was
himself took me to see GOD! And guess
Mom? I got to sit on God's knee and
talk to Him,
like I was somebody important. That's
when I told
Him that I wanted to write you a
letter, to tell you
good-bye and everything. But I already
wasn't allowed. Well, you know what
handed me some paper and His own
to write you this letter. I think
Gabriel is the name
of the angel who is going to drop this
letter off to
you. God said for me to give you the
one of the questions you asked
Him 'Where was He
when I needed him?' "God said He was
same place with me, as when His son
on the cross. He was right there, as
He always is
with all His children.
Oh, by the way, Mom, no one else can
I've written except you. To everyone
else this is
just a blank piece of paper. Isn't
that cool? I have
to give God His pen back now. He needs
it to write
some more names in the Book of Life.
get to sit at the table with Jesus for
sure the food will be great.
Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. I
don't hurt anymore.
The cancer is all gone. I'm glad
because I couldn't
stand that pain anymore and God
couldn't stand to
see me hurt so much, either. That's
when He sent
The Angel of Mercy to come get me. The
said I was a Special Delivery! How
Signed with Love from God, Jesus & Me.
Work in your life for doing what you
"When you're down to nothing, God is
(A)ccepts you as you are
(B)elieves in "you"
(C)alls you just to say "HI"
(D)oesn't give up on you
(E)nvisions the whole of you (even the unfinished parts)
(F)orgives your mistakes
(I)nvites you over
(J)ust to be with you
(K)eeps you close at heart
(L)oves you for who you are
(M)akes a difference in your life
(P)icks you up
(Q)uiets your fears
(R)aises your spirits
(S)ays nice things about you
(T)ells you the truth when you need to hear it
(W)alks beside you
(X)-plains thing you don't understand
(Y)ells when you won't listen and
(Z)aps you back to reality
A True Friend Is...
someone who knows when you are upset.
someone who won't let you get away without talking about it.
someone who will risk their life to make sure you don't give up and die on
someone who you can call up at at night no matter how small your
someone who instead of going with the "big group" will go with you when
someone who can just let you be when you need time alone.
someone who goes out of their way to make sure you're happy.
someone who always has a shoulder for you to cry on if need be.
someone who if you do cry on their shoulder won't go and tell the world.
someone who puts your happiness equal to theirs and not less than
The importance of having true friends
Many people will walk in and out of your life.
But only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
To handle yourself, use your head;
To handle others, use your heart.
Anger is only one letter short of danger
If someone betrays you once, it is his fault;
If he betrays you twice, it is your fault.
Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.
He, who loses money, loses much;
He, who loses a friend, loses much more;
He, who loses faith, loses all.
Beautiful young people are accidents of nature,
But beautiful old people are works of art.
Learn from the mistakes of others
You can't live long enough to make them all
Friends, you and me...
You brought another friend...
And then there were 3...
We started our group...
Our circle of friends...
And like that circle...
There is no beginning or end...
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.
That is why it is called the present.